Shun Pro Mandolin
$ 500.00 Discontinued
Sorry, this product has been discontinued.
Local dealers may still have this product available.Find a dealer near you
A beautiful professional tool, designed for extra safety and easy operation
Cut paper-thin slices of vegetables or mounds of thick steak fries quickly and easiliy with the Shun Pro Mandolin. Just secure the food you want to cut in the food carriage and glide it over the Shun-sharp blade of the Shun Pro Mandolin. The food carriage is designed for extra safety, with a handle that keeps hands away from the blade at all times. The blade itself has a 16° single-bevel blade design inspired by the 700-year-old Japanese yanagiba blade and preferred by Japanese chefs for producing the cleanest, most precise cuts.
Made from the same high-quality VG10 steel as the Shun Classic Pro line of knives, the hollow-ground back of the blade creates an air pocket between the blade and the food, reducing friction and allowing for an easy cutting during use. This is the only mandolin on the market with a main blade that can be removed and re-sharpened. It's the only one that can handle a two-pound potato without additional prep work. And it's the one designed to stand up to the rigors of a professional kitchen, yet fit for the avid home cook, too. The legs can be removed for easy cleaning and storage. The set includes three additional blades: steak fry, standard, and shoestring widths.
- Safest design on market today; food carriage ensures user’s hands are away from the blade
- VG10 stainless steel blades
- Stainless steel, ebony PakkaWood, and industrial-grade plastic construction
- Main blade can be re-sharpened with a fine-grit whetstone when dull
- Comes with four different blades: main blade, plus steak fry, standard, and shoestring widths
- Adjustable deck allows the user to set at any height, not just pre-set thicknesses
- Made in Japan