Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a CNC Machinist.
The CNC Machinist is responsible for operating and setting up CNC machines to fabricate parts for knives. Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs. Inspects fabricated parts to assure quality and accuracy. Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management, maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition, follows prescribed safety procedures, and performs other related duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications
The qualified candidate will have a high school diploma/GED, or an equivalent number of years of education and production experience, and at least 1 to 2 years experience operating a CNC machine. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus. Candidate must be motivated to learn, ask questions, and take pride in craftsmanship and quality.
- Familiarity with Fanuc, Haas controls
- Firm grasp on basic machining fundamentals
Good to have:
- Mastercam/G&M code experience
- Swiss-style screw machine experience
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
Hours: Position is full time; 40 hours a week with occasional overtime
3 shifts available:
- Day Shift—Monday-Thursday, 6:00am-4:30pm
- Swing Shift—Monday-Thursday, 5:00pm-3:30am
- Weekend Shift—Friday-Sunday, 6:00am-6:00pm (work 36 hours, get paid for 40)