Sora Bread Knife
Bread, Meet Your Master
Prepare to fall in love with this bread knife. Whether you prefer a rustic, crusty bread or a soft and tender loaf, the Shun Sora Bread Knife will cut through easily to give you the perfect slice of bread every time. What makes this bread knife special—and better—is the way Shun has crafted the serrations. These aren't jagged little teeth that chew through your bread. These are razor-sharp "low-frequency" serrations. These wider serrations glide through the bread with ease. What's more, cutting is even smoother because Shun has designed the serrations so that there's an equal amount of cutting power on the forward stroke and on the back stroke. Look at the blade and you'll see that the serrations lean forward on the front of the blade and backward on the back of the blade. That small change makes a big difference in cutting ease.
The Shun Sora Bread Knife is part of the exciting Shun Sora line that provides exceptional handcrafted Shun quality at an amazing price. Sora uses Shun's proprietary Composite Blade technology to bring together a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it's needed—on the edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora's blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured PP/TPE polymer blend handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan