Sora Serrated Utility Knife
This item isn't available yet, but we're excited about it and wanted to show you what's new. More information to come!
Sign up for our Newsletter to stay in the loop.
Also called a tomato knife or a sandwich knife, the Shun Sora Serrated Utility Knife is a blade with many uses. In size, it’s between the chef's knife and the paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. The serrated edge makes it ideal for slicing foods with somewhat tough skins and soft interiors—such as avocados. It works well on sausages, especially those with tougher casing, and with hard cheeses. The Shun Sora Serrated Utility Knife is wonderful for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed.
The Shun Sora Serrated Utility Knife is part of the exciting Shun Sora line that provides exceptional handcrafted Shun quality at an amazing price. Sora uses Shun's proprietary Composite Blade technology to bring together a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it's needed—on the edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora's blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured PP/TPE polymer blend handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- The perfect size for medium-sized tasks
- 16° single-bevel blade with serrations
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 5.5 in. (14 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan